Soundtrack revealed for Mafia III
2K and Hangar 13 have revealed the complete soundtrack of more than 100 quintessential 1960s tracks for Mafia III, and they're all pretty cool in my book.
Mafia III is set in the open world of 1968 New Bordeaux, a reimagined version of New Orleans bustling with activity and complete with era-inspired cars, fashion and an eclectic mix of music from the period. Players will enjoy over 100 tracks from some of the most memorable years in music, including:
· The Rolling Stones: “Paint it, Black,” “Sympathy for the Devil” and more;
· Creedence Clearwater Revival: “Bad Moon Rising,” “Fortunate Son” and more;
· Sam and Dave: “Soul Man” and “Hold on, I’m Comin’”;
· Steppenwolf: “Born To Be Wild” and ”Desperation”;
· Aretha Franklin: “Respect” and ”Chain of Fools”;
· Jefferson Airplane: “Somebody To Love” and “White Rabbit”;
· Sam Cooke: “Wonderful World,” “Bring it on Home to Me” and more;
· The Temptations: “Ain’t Too Proud to Beg” and ”I Wish It Would Rain”;
· Cream: “White Room”;
· Johnny Cash: “Ring Of Fire” and “Folsom Prison Blues (Live)”;
· The Beach Boys: “Help Me, Rhonda” and “Wouldn’t it be Nice”.
For a complete track listing of the licensed soundtrack for Mafia III, visit the Mafia III website.
“The 1960s marked some of the best years for artistic expression. From rhythm and blues to the transformative progression of rock and roll, it is critical for us to represent this era accurately and authentically in Mafia III. This soundtrack immerses players into a golden age of music that includes some of the greatest and most beloved artists and music of all time.”said Haden Blackman, studio head and creative director at Hangar 13.
Mafia III will be available October 7, 2016 for PS4, Xbox One and Windows PC.