Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Fastest Seller this Year
Witcher 3: Wild Hunt launched Tuesday and sold the most units in a week for all of this year. Published by Bandai Namco and developed by CD Projekt RED, the Action-RPG was met with intense critical and commercial acclaim. Wild Hunt beat Battlefield Hardline's week one sales by over 53 percent. Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings also reached number one for the week, back in 2012 when it was released, however, Wild Hunt's week one sales are over 600 percent more than its predecessor.
Here is the software Top 10 for the week ending May 23rd:
1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Bandai Namco
2. Farming Simulator 15, Koch Media
3. Grand Theft Auto V, Rockstar
4. FIFA 15, EA
5. Project CARS, Bandai Namco
6. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, Bethesda
7. Battlefield Hardline, EA
8. Mortal Kombat X, Warner Bros
9. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Activision Blizzard
10. Destiny, Activision Blizzard
Former number one, Project Cars, dropped down to five, while the newly launched Farming Simulator 15 takes second place for the week. It looks to be a good couple weeks for Bandai Namco, with Project Cars and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.