Sony says cloud gaming inevitable
Speaking to GamesIndustry International, Sony Worldwide Studios vice president Scott Rohde said about cloud technology that it is "absolutely inevitable that it's going to be a part of what everyone does. It just makes sense. And so, over the next five years, you're going to see everything evolve to that state because people want access to their data anywhere."
He wasn't ready to reveal if cloud tech will be part of the Playstation 4, saying "Will there be a streaming service? Will there be a partnership? I'm not going to answer those questions right now. But, like I've said ten times, like a broken record, the industry is always evolving".
Fair enough, but our money is on both Microsoft and Sony will have streaming services for their next consoles within two or three years.
- Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within trailer pays tribute to the Masters of the Force
- Lords of the Fallen basically looks like Dark Souls (in a good way)
- Creators of Tekken, SoulCalibur announce Rise of Incarnates
- Dragon Age: Inquisition gameplay trailer teases many details
- Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure Delayed!