by Mark Barley
'Dota 2' gets new patch, new Mage character added
Valve have released a new patch for their MOBA title, Dota 2, which adds a plethora of new features including the Skywrath Mage character.
Here are the full patch notes:
- Added stricter system implementing communication (voice and text) bans for abusive players.
- Combined voice and text reports into a single ‘communication’ report.
- Reduced reports per week to 4.
- Removed ability for spectators to report players in-game.
- Reports now allow single selection of behavior type only.
- Beastmaster: Fixed Wild Axes losing vision after the second cast.
- Doom: Scorched Earth now shows its duration on the buff icon.
- Lich: Fixed Frost Armor auto-casting while Lich is channeling.
- Magnus: Fixed a rare crash involving Skewer.
- Slardar: Fixed Slithereen Crush not slowing attack speed.
- Spectre: Fixed Haunt illusions moving while out of the game.
- Timbersaw: Fixed Timberchain travelling too fast.
- Timbersaw: Fixed Timberchain not latching quite far enough.
- Tusk: Fixed Tusk not issuing an attack order on the snowballed unit after the snowball crashes.
- Enabled Drow and Tusk to Captain’s Mode (Tournament Version next week)
- Added tab to the Watch section showing downloaded replay files
- Riki: Added Smoke Screen and Blink Strike animations.
- Sniper: Added victory animations and more aggressive posing of idle, run and attack when enemy is in range.
- Bots now know to avoid standing in Macropyre and Ice Path.
- Added a button to the preview that allows you to test your imported model in-game, in a local server.