by Mark Barley
Napoleon's Campaign II Announced
Paradox Interactive have announced Napoleon's Campaign II for the PC and will continue the strategy series of Napoleonic Wars ranging from the years 1805 to 1815.
Here's some quick information on the game:
- With Napoleon’s Campaigns II you will play an epic grand historical scenario covering the whole of the Napoleonic Wars, ten years of conflict in Europe and the rest of the world between 1805 and 1815
- The game will feature production of units, diplomacy with other nations (minor and major), army and fleet management, and the quest for becoming the dominant power of Europe, the ultimate goal of every major nation involved.
- In addition, the French will have to satisfy the ‘Napoleonic Glory’ goal, a concept rendering the dynastic appetite of the Emperor.
- All the hundreds of various units, with their beautiful uniforms, and over 600 historical leaders with unique abilities and portraits are here, as well as the events of the age.
- Organize divisions, armies and corps, manage supply and morale, and choose your leaders in command.
- The largest Napoleonic Europe map ever, with unequalled look and detail, also including famous overseas theaters (e.g. North America, the Caribbean or India)
- Multiplayer for up to 8 players.
Here are the required PC specifications for the title:
Operating system: Windows XP/Vista/ Windows 7 (Does not support 98 or 2000)
Processor: Pentium® IV 1800+ MHz
Memory: 1024 Mo RAM
Hard disk space: 2Gb free on hard disk
Video: 128 Mo DirectX 9.0c
Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c or more
Controller support: 3-button mouse, keyboard and speakers
Special multiplayer requirements: Internet Connection for multiplayer
Multiplayer restriction: Play-by-Email only
Napoleon's Campaign II is slated for a Q3 release this year exclusively on the PC.