by Mark Barley
Blizzard Releases StarCraft II: Heart Of The Swarm Fact Sheet
Blizzard have released a fact sheet for their upcoming StarCraft II expansion Heart of the Swarm.
The expansion will continue the story left off from Wings of Liberty, focusing on the former Queen of Blades, Kerrigan.
The fact sheet points out that unique swarms with campaign-only units and abilities will be included within the expansion.
Here's what the fact sheet tells us:
- Continues the epic story of StarCraft II from where Wings of Liberty left off.
- Approximately 20 new campaign missions.
- New campaign gameplay mechanics, allowing players to evolve new abilities and units for their zerg army.
- Go into battle with Kerrigan as she tries to restore her strength and regain control of the Swarm.
- New multiplayer units and maps, expanding strategic choice and gameplay depth for each race.
- Expanded features and functionality for Battle.net to improve custom-game search, and new tools for map authors to create even more epic custom games.
- New pre-rendered and in-game cinematics bring the story of Heart of the Swarm to life.
No release date for the expansion has been announced but it is expected at some point next year.