by Mark Barley
Crytek Releases Crysis 2 DX11 Patch
Crytek have finally released the much awaited for DirectX 11 patch for Crysis 2.
The patch, being called the "Crysis 2 Ultra Upgrade" will cost you 2.3gb in hard space and will be auto installed upon start up.
Here's what you'll get:
- Tessellation + Displacement Mapping
- High Quality HDR Motion Blur
- Realistic Shadows with Variable Penumbra
- Sprite Based Bokeh Depth of Field
- Parallax Occlusion Mapping
- Particles Motion Blur, Shadows and Art Updates
- Water Rendering improvements and using Tessellation + Displacement Mapping
- Realtime Local Reflections (DX9)
- Contact Shadows (DX9)
- Improved Tone Mapping (DX9)
Get more info on the update here, also noted is that the game's map editor will be available this Wednesday.