by Mark Barley
New Assassin's Creed: Revelations Details From Next GI
Next month's Game Informer magazine will feature the newly announced Ubisoft title, Assassin's Creed: Revelations. However, if you can't wait to get your hands on the issue for all of its juicy detailed glory, you're in luck!
Details from the magazine have hit the internet and, of course, NeoGAF has the scoop.
- Apparently Ezio is looking for seals that contain memories of Altair throughout the game.
- These seals will allow Ezio to look into Altair's memories.
- Most of the game is set in Constantinople, but will be broken down into four main sections; Constantin, Beyazid, Imperial, and Galata.
- Ezio is over the age of 50 when the game takes place.
- A new item, called the "Hookblade", will allow you to use ziplines throughout the city.
- The Hookblade will also be used as a weapon.
- Ezio will be able to craft bombs; there will be over 300 bomb types.
- Eagles Vision has now become Eagle Sense "Eagle sense let's you focus on a character and see where he's been," Amancio says. "You'll get an approximation of where he will go. If you're able to detect the path a guard will take, you can run ahead, set a bomb, and create a trap or an ambush."
- The Borgia Towers idea has been expanded to become the Assassin's Den concept.
- These Assassin's Dens are located throughout the city and will have you taking out Templars in order to control the Towers.
- Once you obtain a Den you will be able to upgrade with ziplines accessing new rooftops, allowing for faster travel around the city.
- If you become to powerful and popular you can start to lose your Dens from attacks by the Templars
- You will be able to send armies after Templars if one of your Dens is being attacked and you can not get to it in time.
- Assassin leveling mechanic has been increased from 10 to 15
- Traditional side missions have been replaced with random events
- New facial capture technology was used, called Mocam, described by Game Informer as "intriguing amalgamation of traditional animation, performance capture and the fascinating new style of performance on display in games like LA Noire."
- Multiplayer will be returning however the narrative single-player portion of the game will take the most of the developers attention.
- Your character's looks and weapons will be fully customizable.
Assassin's Creed: Revelations is out in November for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.