XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Second Wave DLC available
2K Games and Firaxis Games have announced that the latest DLC, Second Wave is now available for XCOM: Enemy Unknown for PC, X360 and PS3.
The Second Wave content allows fans to choose a variety of new gameplay modifiers to enhance the XCOM: Enemy Unknown experience after completing the main campaign. The Second Wave content is available free of charge and is issued via a downloadable title update to XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
The XCOM: Enemy Unknown Second Wave content offers a series of advanced gameplay options that unlock a new level of depth, challenge and replayability. The Second Wave content includes:
- Damage Roulette: Weapons have a wider range of damage.
- New Economy: Randomised council member funding.
- Not Created Equally: Rookies will have random starting stats.
- Hidden Potential: As a soldier is promoted, stats increase randomly.
- Red Fog: Combat wounds will degrade the soldier’s mission stats.
- Absolutely Critical: A flanking shot guarantees a critical hit.
- The Greater Good: Psionics can only be learned from interrogating a psionic alien.
- Marathon: The game takes considerably longer to complete.
- Results Driven: A country offers less funding as its panic level increases.
- High Stakes: Random rewards for stopping alien abductions.
- Diminishing Returns: Increased cost of satellite construction.
- More Than Human: The psionic gift is extremely rare.
The Second Wave content is the second of two add-ons for XCOM: Enemy Unknown. With the Slingshot Content Pack, the first add-on content for XCOM: Enemy Unknown, players meet an enigmatic Triad operative, divert an alien ship’s course, and do battle with the aliens in the skies over China in a new set of linked Council missions. The Slingshot Content Pack includes three new maps tied to the Council missions, a new playable squad character with a unique story and voice, and new character customisation options.
With XCOM: Enemy Unknown winning the Hooked Gamers coveted Game of the Year award, there will be little doubt that we'll be spending some time with this DLC.