by Ben Petchey
First Fallout 4 beta patch released on Steam
Announced last week, Bethesda promised that PC would be receiving the first beta patch this week. Patch 1.2.33 is now available on PC to those that have opted in. The patch not only includes general bug fixes and tweaks, it also allows for numpad keys to be remapped in the settings menu. The work-in-progress patch also includes general stability improvements.
Beta Update 1.2.33 includes:
• Number pad keys can now be used for remapping
• Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container
• General memory and stability improvements
• Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
• Fixed issue with When Freedom Calls where the quest would not complete
• During Confidence Man, fixed issue where player's health would continuously regenerate
• Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading saved games
• Fixed issue where Launcher would not save God Rays Quality setting properly
To opt in to the beta patches, right click Fallout 4 in your Steam library -> Properties -> Betas. It's also worth backing up your save files before opting in to avoid any data loss.
Bethesda is yet to announce when this patch will be released to all PC and console users.