No Aliens: Colonial Marines in 2011
Randy Pitchford of Gearbox Studios has told EGM in a recent interview that Aliens: Colonial Marines, the much anticipated, practically vaporware first-person shooter, will not be coming out this year. The information comes by way of a NeoGAF poster sharing the highlights of the magazine's February issue.
Gearbox and Sega have not yet actually said "Colonial Marines will be coming in 20XX," or even given a probable estimate. The game's been in development since 2006, but was put on the back burner in favor of last year's Aliens vs. Predator. Sega has had the publishing rights to the Aliens franchise since 2006, when they bought them from 20th Century Fox.
The game is shaping up to be another Duke Nukem Forever, or, more optimistically, Alan Wake. With about four years of development time, and frequent reassurances that the project has not died, the most we can do is wait and see. Of course, that's all we've been doing, anyway. Hopefully 2010 will at least see much more information about the game, if we won't actually get the game itself.
- Goldspammers And Bots Make Up 85% Of Complaints ES:O Devs Recieve
- Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within trailer pays tribute to the Masters of the Force
- Lords of the Fallen basically looks like Dark Souls (in a good way)
- Creators of Tekken, SoulCalibur announce Rise of Incarnates
- Dragon Age: Inquisition gameplay trailer teases many details